30.3.08

Let Them Eat Cake

I really enjoyed this month's challenge. Cake is just so fun & I love lemon & raspberry. A perfect ushering in of spring. The only modification I made was with the raspberry filling. I did not use a jam, but made my own raspberry sauce that was a little juicier than a jam would have been. I like the filling to be absorbed by the cake & if worked out well. The only problem I ran into was running out of the buttercream icing to fully frost the exterior. I tried to be frugal on the use of the buttercream in between the layers, but it was difficult since my raspberry filling was juicy. It still turned out very well & was quite delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!












The cake ingredients









Creaming the sugar & lemon rind.









Baking.









Cooling briefly in the pans...









Cooling time.









My raspberry sauce.












The beginning of the buttercream.









Keep whipping...












And whipping...












And it's done.









Mmmm...raspberries. The beginning of the assembly.









That looks good enough to eat by itself.









Layer...












After layer...









After layer...








After layer...











After layer...









After gooey layer.












Final layer before final icing.











Running out of icing...so sad.









Not too shabby, but definitely could have used more icing.













Success! And so tasty!

7 comments:

Stephanie :) said...

Mmmmm...I wish I could have had some. I L..O..V..E.. raspberries!

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a lovely job on your cake. It's interesting that you ran out of frosting...for me it made so much I didn't know what to do with all of it. It just peaked and swirled all over the place.

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Unknown said...

Beautiful job!

Jen said...

Great job-- your cake look so good and the juicy raspberry filling is making my mouth water.

giz said...

Wow - great pictorial - great flavours (anyone who used raspberries rulz) and lovely outcome. Good job.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Oh, YUM. Looks delicious!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Just Pam said...

Great job! Raspberries are soooooo great and you do a great job every time you use them in a dish!